Mesh Asset Tag
MESH ASSET TAG (MAT)
Next Generation Wireless Mesh Technology
Track and Monitor Your Assets Without Fixed Infrastructure
To meet the challenges of increasingly complex global supply chains, defense and commercial organizations require smarter technologies to effectively track and manage cargo on land or at sea. RSAE Labs Global Tracking Solutions (RSAE Labs GTS) offers an innovative, affordable solution to deliver immediate worldwide reporting on the location, condition and security status of any asset.
Developed by RSAE Labs GTS for the U.S. DoD, the Mesh Asset Tag (MAT) employs a wireless mesh network for logistics applications. The solution is a combination of technologies, devices and services using a mesh network protocol optimized for ad hoc configuration, security and ultra-low power. RSAE Labs GTS mesh uses a network topology in which the tags talk to each other. This allows for continuous connections and dynamic reconfiguration around broken or blocked paths by “hopping” from tag to tag until the information reaches a Fixed Mesh Gateway (FMG) or a Mobile Mesh Gateway (MMG). All data is sent encrypted to the RSAE Labs Device Management Center (DMC™), where it is authenticated, decrypted and processed. Events and customized reports are made available to authorized customers via secure web applications, API, XML data feed, SMS text message and e-mail.
- Reduced Infrastructure Cost – Tags that talk to each other to reduce the infrastructure investment and compensate for “missed reads” when an interrogator is bypassed or a tag is outside the 300 ft. range.
- Real Data Security – Encrypted communications ensure privacy. Authenticated messages provide true security. Tags do not join the network or emit any RF signals unless the network is authenticated. Tags will not be able to send any data until they are authenticated by network.
- True Tracking and Monitoring – GPS on the tag for location, multiple sensor options (temperature, humidity, shock, acceleration, light, and door state) and manifest capability.
- Long and Predictable Battery Life – A 3-4 year operational battery life when deployed in the field (0.3mW- .09mW).
True Ad Hoc Mesh Networking
- Dynamic, self-organizing and self-healing network where every tag is a node/router
- Unlimited range because a tag only needs to see another tag to pass data along
- Built on a true global standard (IEEE 802.15.4 PHY at 2.4GHz)
- No unsolicited RF transmissions
- High density of tags is not a problem (4 billion addresses per network)
- Ability to operate in harsh RF environments – 16 channel frequency hopping
Secure and Encrypted Data
- All data is encrypted from end to end (on the tag, in transmission and in the DMC™)
- All communications are secure (CCM/AES-128)
- Not susceptible to data being read/intercepted by unauthorized personnel
Low Asset Life-Cycle Deployment and Operational Cost
- Reduced infrastructure requirement and lower capital investment
- A scalable solution that can be configured to easily cover large areas and volumes of assets
- Ultra-efficient power management
- Reporting by exception/events vs. volumes of useless data
- Designed to adapt easily to customer legacy systems
- Remote reconfiguration of the operating paradigm of the deployed device – at any time from anywhere around the globe
- Operational temperature range of -40C to +85C